Can it really be? Can my "baby" be so grown up?! Indeed it's true. This sweet faced, brown-eyed, sassy and funny little girl is officially 4. I won't lie, this past year age 3-4 was pretty rough-probably on all of us! A lot happened in the course of the year and we weathered it, but I am definately looking forward to this year. Not in a drama queen kind of way (I'll save that for her), we had to learn and relearn, and then probably not learn, how to deal with a sassy-back-talking-opinionated 3 (who thinks she is 10)year old. But included in all that is a sweet, loves to make you laugh, and be silly girl. She's very good at purposely pushing buttons. One day she told me she was "annoying me on purpose"!! Maybe it's that I'm home with her more now, or maybe it's just the turning of the age, she seems to be mellowing out especially with me.
It has been rough adjusting to having another spotlight in the house but she does well with Kade and is a big help getting things for mom and dad. She loves to go to the library, reads lots of books, play with her friends, help mom make treats, playing with her "kids" (dolls) for hours, setting the table-all over the house, grocery shopping (around the house), ride her bike, swim, and of course, dance and sing - including her new favorite, making up her own songs. It's amazing how talented she is when listening to music. She can pick up a melody after two or three times of hearing the song. She'll say "mom, do you know the flower song?" I say, "Hmmm, don't think so.". Then she will proceed to sing a 5 minute song she made up about flowers and whatever else catches her eye while she's singing, but uses the melody of the song that is in her head :) She likes to play the game "What song is in your head". Love it. Love her. Love that she is growing up.
Happy Happy Birthday sweetheart. We love you so much and you have always been a joy and ray of sunshine in our lives. May you grow to embrace life, spread love and happiness where ever you go, be an example to those around you, and know that you are one amazing little girl.
Now, her party this year was a LOT of fun for her. She wanted to have a "Princess Party". After seeing the cute girl from story time, I did some checking and found out she was "for rent". Her name is Princess Amerah and let me tell you how wonderful she was! From the second she walked into the yard, she was all about the Birthday Girl. Reagan saw her and said "Princess Amerah!!!" and ran to her and gave her a big hug. You can see why she is so popular with the young girls because she makes them feels so special. She sang, read, danced, made tiara's, and made Reagan so happy. Reagan said to me at least 3 times that night "Mommy, thank you SO much for telling Princess Amerah how to get to our house so she could come to my special party". I love throwing parties. I do. I love the weeks of planning, replanning, stressing, and the fun during and after.
So, sorry for the load pictures in the video if you watch it. I guess mostly for the grandparents to see but I just couldn't really decide on which ones to post so I just posted lots :)
No comments:
Post a Comment