I can't even imagine taking your child in for major surgery! The anxiety with this is enough.
We were wondering how she was going to get from our arms to the table without hysteria, but the anesthesiologist who came to get her was an older doctor so we excitingly said "Hey! It's Grandpa"! She went willingly and hopefully he gave her hugs before he put her under :O) She came out fighting and we could hear her screaming for several minutes before a nurse comes in and has the "I can't wait to hand this child over" look. I really should have warned the nurses about her last experience with these! She was fightin' mad, trying to rip out her IV. Her poor face was so swollen from the guard used to hold her mouth while they removed the adenoids. In all the madness they had trying to get her calmed down they forgot to give her pain medication, so it was a rough few hours! I'm pretty sure all those poor kids waiting to have their tonsils out were scared to death after we left!! She hasn't slept through an entire night yet but we are hoping that's soon.


2 comments:
Erin I am so sorry... that would be so hard to do. You are a trooper. I had mine taken out when I was 8 and it made a huge difference.
How are you? Funny that we work in the same building yet never see each other. I think we need to change that.
Oh, i feel so bad for your sweet little girl and for you to have to go through that as a mom.
Nothing worse than watching your kids hurt!
How are you?
Seriously! When are we getting together???????????
Post a Comment