Well, it's officially official. And so the story goes...it's pretty much no secret that Mike has been miserable (he'll love that I use that word) the past few years (and moreso the past year) at his job with Fanzz. He felt there were decisions being made he didn't agree with and there was pretty much no support for him and his managers, as well as constantly changing for the worse. I believe the true downfall to his misery was missing Kade's birth. Anyway, you stay at a job A) because who wants to look for a job in this market B) insurance, retirement, and all the "luxeries" of a job, and C) money unfortunately. The past year was challenging in many ways and mostly, I felt that his unhappiness at work was beginning to take a tole on his happiness at home (now ....this is my version ;O)) He was sort of a grumpy dude and didn't have as much patience. So one night a few weeks ago, after a challenging few hours, as we were getting ready for bed I said to him "Enough. You find a new job now. This is not fun and it's not getting any better. It's affecting the way you are at home now and you do whatever you think you need and I will support your decision". Little did I know what I was promising!!
Within a few days, he received a call from a friend who currently works for a company called Pro Image (exactly like Fanzz-a sports store deal). There was a chance to purchase a store and he asked if we would be interested. It was a deal that had to be done and a decision made ASAP. It was a LONG few days of NO sleep. I've admitted before that I am an eternal pessimist. I played the devil's advocate through all the discussions but then I said to him "Is this what you really really want". His answered was simple. It was "Yes". How could I then rain on his parade. His opportunity to be his own boss, to be able to make his own decisions, and I tell you what...he has never once thought twice about that decision and he is like a kid at Christmas. So we are officially "self-employed"!!
I'm sure many think "In this economy WHY would you want to do something like this??" However, if anyone can make this business successful, it is Mike. Almost 20 years at Fanzz. You can't teach someone that experience! Statistically, it all looks good and a huge burden has been lifted off his shoulders. Part of the decision in all of this was uprooting our family and moving....to Idaho Falls!! We hear positive things about the town and we are anxious and excited about this move. I'm trying really, really hard to think only positive thoughts. Sometimes, if I let it be, my head explodes with thoughts and my gut churns with nerves. But, it will be fun to start anew. My heart is heavy and sad with the dear friends and family we have here that we are leaving but I know this is the right decision to proceed with at this time.
So, pray we sale the house in speedy-like fashion. Our store should be open August
1st which gives us not much time!!
6 comments:
This news is very very sad. However, I know that all of us want you and your family to be happy. So I'll send you all the best wishes I have!!
Wow, Erin! I hope that all goes well with this new chapter in your lives! We all know Mike will do amazingly well. I will definitely keep you in my prayers that all will go smoothly. I am excited for you - but I know about the butterflies and the "unknown!" I know what it is like to leave friends, so if you need a listening ear, I'm here for ya! Congrats on the decision and don't look back! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :)
Congratulations! Being self-employed has pros and cons, for sure, but the good times so outweigh the bad. I'm so happy for you and the new adventures you're going to encounter! :)
Worst day ever! Now we will have overnight scrap fest in Idaho!
Congratulations, I couldn't be happier for you and Mike. I will continue for you and your family.
I am happy that you guys are happy! i am sad to see you leave beacsuse i feel like we are just really starting to do more together and i will miss that! i knwo kinlee will miss reagan. i wish derk would look into a change also, bu tit is not good timing for us. good luck, and i know mike will be great. he is a hardworking, loyal, and caring guy. we love you guys.
Post a Comment