7/22/10

Family Fun Time

Last weekend we had a family reunion for my Dad's side of the family. The last one was over 20 years ago. ALL my siblings and their spouses were able to make it for the weekend. We were missing a few grandkids here and there. Of course, this meant a lot to my parents to have us all in the same town, under the same "sky" for a few days.
I'm sure people get tired of me saying how lucky I/we are in regards to family. I don't know that I can ever get tired of saying it. I have wonderful parents and a good family unit. Sure, we may not all get along, but put us in the same vicinity and we will love :) I think when you have a new baby and you are in this "emotional" stage of loving everything, it doesn't hurt to throw family in that mix!
While there, we were also able to celebrate Mike's grandma's 81st birthday. I watched her eyes fill up with tears as the 4 great-grandkids sang Happy Birthday to her. That is love. That is what life is all about. My grandparents died when I was younger so I don't remember them, nor had the bond that Mike has with his but I love being a part of their lives and I love having my kids know them as well. I also married into a wonderful family/extended family as well.
With all that "love" out of the way, here are some pictures from the weekend.


Love this little face. My mom and brother had t-shirts designed and printed for all of us. They were neat. It was the 3 states my parents had lived in with all of us, then one for New Zealand was on the sleeve. Even little Kade got one!

Wild Emmett

My parents arranged a Penny Auction (mostly for the kids). This is fun as each kid bids pennies on fun items. They loved it.

Zoe, Bear (also named Gary!), Reagan and Savana. These little girls LOVED their cousin. They smothered him all weekend.

Reagan loves to paint toenails. Aunt Jessica got an array of colors.

My oldest sister Michelle and her granddaughter Olivia and Kade(my nephew TC wasn't able to make it but we sure loved getting to know his cute little girl)

Kenz and Rea look like they were caught doing something naughty :)

Serious....she makes THE BEST faces (with cousins Taylor and Kenzie)

This is Brock...pretty sure he ate the whole bowl of Pirate Booty

1 comment:

HOLLY said...

What a fun reunion! Love the shirts.