Tuesday, February 9th turned out to be the beginning of an eventful 24 hours. I had an awesome shower thrown by my friends at work. We ate, laughed and opened gifts. All the while I'm telling everyone "I'm done being pregnant but he can't come until this weekend". (I technically had just under 3 weeks left) I picked up Reagan from daycare and met a friend for dinner (Mimi's cafe, steak and garlic mashed potatos in case anyone is pregnant and wants to be thrown into labor) After dinner and arriving home I wasn't feeling that great so with the house a disaster, and the usual suspects checking on me for the night (OH YES....did I mention Mike would be working in California????) I went to bed. Only to be awoken an hour later with a "UH, I'm pretty sure that was my water breaking". This threw us into the adventure that we call baby. I called my sister Heidi who heading over to stay w/Reagan, text Mike and told him of course not to panic but I think my water broke. He immediately called me and then called Delta checking on flights out, my sister arrived, my contractions began, and I headed to the hospital (yes, I drove myself...but literally it takes a minute to drive there so THANKFULLY that was uneventful), call my parents on the way (who happened to still be awake at this time visiting with friends, and found out Mike couldn't get a flight home until 8:45 a.m. the next day. I cried, he worried, and my wonderful family kicked it into gear. Heidi stayed w/Reagan while my brother Matt who lives in Spanish Fork drove up. Heidi then came to the hospital to be with my while my parents dropped everything and left in the MIDDLE of the night to come be w/me. It was all so surreal as I walked into the women's center. Here I am, slippers on, bag in hand, a tear streaked face, and I could just FEEL the empathy from these nurses radiating in the waiting area.
So to make a long story short, they tried to pump me full of fluid to see if that would stop any of the contractions and everyone hoped it would be long enough for the daddy to arrive. I won't lie, that was one of the hardest things to endure. I was laying in that bed just anxious as can be...not for myself but for Mike who had to do all his worrying from miles away. My parents arrived and my dad gave me a blessing and it definately helped calm me some. Although I was unable to actually sleep during any of this, my time to push came way too fast. Mike was in the air and there was no way this little man was waiting any longer!! I am so grateful for my mom for being there with me. I know she felt like she was "making up" for being on their mission in the Ukraine while Reagan was born but it was so comforting having her there and I think helped Mike feel a little better about it as well.
So after 10 minutes of pushing, the little guy was out, healthy, beautiful and screaming. Mike arrived a few hours later and the family was reunited!!
So here he is....Kade Alexander Young. Born February 10th at 7:21 a.m. weighing in at 7 pounds 5 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. He's beautiful and big sister Reagan is as proud as they come.
8 comments:
He is soooo cute! And what a crazy story you have to tell! Congrats to ALL of you. I'm so happy for Reagan too... I'm sure she will be the BESTEST big sister EVER! CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Oh my goodness what a story! Congrats to you guys and welcome baby Kade!!
He is so beautiful you guys! Reagan does indeed look like a very proud big sister. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet him.
That's quite the story!! WOW!! Congrats, he is so cute!!
He is absoutly beautiful:) What a story to remember. You dont want to push and Mike not there, but you want the baby out NOW!! I'm so happy for you! LUVS!!!
this just makes me cry reading this. we are so happy for you guys. i remember when kinlee met brightyn for the first time, it was one of the happiest moments of my life (as i am sure one of yours when reag met kade!) what a little studmuffin! congrats again.
I am so happy for you guys! I can't believe you were so calm not having Mike there. You are an amazing Mommy! Kade is so cute and we can't wait to meet him!
I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how close you were getting. What a crazy time for you Erin! I am so glad you have such a great family to help you out!
Kade is adorable! Congratulations!!!!
We will have to come visit in a month or so when you feel ready to have some company.
Post a Comment