I'm a little behind...in a lot of things. I have unfinished projects that were supposed to get worked on the week I had Kade. I have unfinished Thank You cards and unfinished rooms. I feel disheveled and unorganized, and that's really hard for me. However, I am so grateful for the help that we have had the past few weeks. Of course, first was my parents. Dropping everything in their life to drive in the middle of the night to be with us. My dad said "you know, I've never driven in the middle of the night before". Hey, glad I could give you a "first" daddy-o! They stayed a few days, went home to rest, then came back down. I'm so grateful that my parents are close and were able to be here for my little family. My mom cooked, cleaned, brought frozen meals, delivered many diapers, and even braved staying up with Kade so I could get some sleep. My brother and sister also dropped everything to be here that day and of course continue to offer great moral support. Heidi has helped with Reagan a ton. Mike's mom was able to come down and help for a few days and his sister cooked us yummy dinners. We had wonderful meals brought in by the ward and friends and family who have done as much. Thank you Thank you Thank you to all of you for being so supportive, giving, and caring at this time. Family is wonderful and so are friends!! How lucky we are!
Of note, the most rewarding thing in all of this is watching big sister with little brother. She has been absolutely awesome with him. The day she walked into the hospital room was so fulfilling for me. Her eyes just wide with wondering as she stared at her baby brother. She had waited for that day for so many months. The night we brought him home she was sitting next to my dad on the couch and was holding him and she said "I'm so proud of my baby brother". She's so caring and gentle with him. Her eyes continue to light up and she wants to see him first thing in the morning. She holds him well and has been such a big helper in retrieving things and helping care for him. She's definately trying to be a great big sister. Bringing him home was surreal thinking "wow, someone entrusted us with TWO of these munchins, please don't let us screw up!". However, now it feels like our little family is so complete and I love every day of watching the two of them together :)
2 comments:
You're "lucky" because you've been to so many others what they are to you now. Your kids are beautiful. I can't wait to meet Kade. :)
aw! this post makes me cry. i also remember when kinlee got to meet brightyn for the first time, one of the happiest moments of my life. can't wait to see you guys thursday. i hope when mike goes back to work things will be ok. it was hard at first, but actually better when derk went back, then i could get back to a routine and start adjusting to life as a stay at home mom of TWO! the sleep thing, oh! i feel for you. it's so hard because when you have two kids, it's not like you can just lay down and nap whenever you want because chances they will be napping at the same time are slim to none. is he in his crib yet? maybe he/and you guys would sleep better if he is? our pediatrician (dr. rasmass at the time) told us to never let them sleep for more than 3 hour stretches during the day that way they know nights are for longer sleep periods.
Post a Comment