I also realized a few weeks ago that I have not taken ONE picture of my pregnant belly!! I did a whole scrap layout of the "weeks" with Reagan. The "second" child's being ignored already :) I'll work on that and try to get at least one or two. I officially have 5 weeks left. Last week, however, when I was at my weekly visit, Dr. Smith said "So do you want to schedule your voluntary induction?". (very casual like) Here I am staring at him dumbfounded...."uhhhhhh, um, sure", I said, totally confused and not really understanding his suggestion. It usually isn't an option for first babies but apparently very common (in Utah) for any remaining babies apparently. Obviously, per convenience of the doctor. Go in early, get started, deliver and then they can head home for dinner and not have to come back at 2 in the morning as was the case with Reagan. SOOOO.....if Baby Young hasn't made his appearance by Monday, February 22nd, I am scheduled for an induction! Hard to believe that is JUST FOUR weeks from today. It was a little bit of panic after that visit on my part. I made Mike work hard all weekend trying to get some "little" things moved, changed, painted, etc. We are all so excited for this little guy to join our family. A whole new world awaits us I'm sure. For several weeks I have tried not to freak out about what this means for Reagan. ALthough she is very excited, I'm a little nervous about the attention and time it takes for a newborn. Not that she will "suffer" in any way, but that little girl has had every ounce of attention for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm nervous that she will feel left out or ignored :( I'm sure it's normal for every mom to worry about this. I know she will be a huge help and she will love this baby so much. I can't wait to see her finally hold him and hug him and kiss him. She really will be the best big sis a little guy could want. Along those lines, I too cannot wait to hold/hug/kiss his sweet little cheeks.
1/25/10
1st time for everything & 4 weeks left
Today we had a "first". Reagan's FIRST trip to the dentist! I've only rescheduled the appt 3 times because I kept chickening out thinking it was going to be a nightmare of a visit. I had visions of holding her down while she was screaming and kicking. I've been preparing her for a few weeks now and the event went wonderful! She didn't make a fuss about getting up and going. She watched me get my teeth cleaned first and sat there patiently. When it was her turn, she hopped right up and opened wide. Wasn't a big fan of the "polishing" but did great, got a new Sleeping Beauty toothbrush, and shiny, clean teeth. So proud of her :)



I also realized a few weeks ago that I have not taken ONE picture of my pregnant belly!! I did a whole scrap layout of the "weeks" with Reagan. The "second" child's being ignored already :) I'll work on that and try to get at least one or two. I officially have 5 weeks left. Last week, however, when I was at my weekly visit, Dr. Smith said "So do you want to schedule your voluntary induction?". (very casual like) Here I am staring at him dumbfounded...."uhhhhhh, um, sure", I said, totally confused and not really understanding his suggestion. It usually isn't an option for first babies but apparently very common (in Utah) for any remaining babies apparently. Obviously, per convenience of the doctor. Go in early, get started, deliver and then they can head home for dinner and not have to come back at 2 in the morning as was the case with Reagan. SOOOO.....if Baby Young hasn't made his appearance by Monday, February 22nd, I am scheduled for an induction! Hard to believe that is JUST FOUR weeks from today. It was a little bit of panic after that visit on my part. I made Mike work hard all weekend trying to get some "little" things moved, changed, painted, etc. We are all so excited for this little guy to join our family. A whole new world awaits us I'm sure. For several weeks I have tried not to freak out about what this means for Reagan. ALthough she is very excited, I'm a little nervous about the attention and time it takes for a newborn. Not that she will "suffer" in any way, but that little girl has had every ounce of attention for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm nervous that she will feel left out or ignored :( I'm sure it's normal for every mom to worry about this. I know she will be a huge help and she will love this baby so much. I can't wait to see her finally hold him and hug him and kiss him. She really will be the best big sis a little guy could want. Along those lines, I too cannot wait to hold/hug/kiss his sweet little cheeks.
I also realized a few weeks ago that I have not taken ONE picture of my pregnant belly!! I did a whole scrap layout of the "weeks" with Reagan. The "second" child's being ignored already :) I'll work on that and try to get at least one or two. I officially have 5 weeks left. Last week, however, when I was at my weekly visit, Dr. Smith said "So do you want to schedule your voluntary induction?". (very casual like) Here I am staring at him dumbfounded...."uhhhhhh, um, sure", I said, totally confused and not really understanding his suggestion. It usually isn't an option for first babies but apparently very common (in Utah) for any remaining babies apparently. Obviously, per convenience of the doctor. Go in early, get started, deliver and then they can head home for dinner and not have to come back at 2 in the morning as was the case with Reagan. SOOOO.....if Baby Young hasn't made his appearance by Monday, February 22nd, I am scheduled for an induction! Hard to believe that is JUST FOUR weeks from today. It was a little bit of panic after that visit on my part. I made Mike work hard all weekend trying to get some "little" things moved, changed, painted, etc. We are all so excited for this little guy to join our family. A whole new world awaits us I'm sure. For several weeks I have tried not to freak out about what this means for Reagan. ALthough she is very excited, I'm a little nervous about the attention and time it takes for a newborn. Not that she will "suffer" in any way, but that little girl has had every ounce of attention for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm nervous that she will feel left out or ignored :( I'm sure it's normal for every mom to worry about this. I know she will be a huge help and she will love this baby so much. I can't wait to see her finally hold him and hug him and kiss him. She really will be the best big sis a little guy could want. Along those lines, I too cannot wait to hold/hug/kiss his sweet little cheeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reagan is such a beautiful and amazing girl, and she's going to be a great sister! I'm so happy for you!
Glad the dentist went well. Our last trip to the dentist was just like one of your visions.
I am excited for your baby! I'm sure Reagan will be a great sister. That's how old Will was when we had Ethan. Will did so well and didn't seem to be too jealous.
By the way...have I already asked you if your doc is Dr Russell Smith at Alta View? That was my doc.
I also can't wait to kiss his little cheeks!!!
Post a Comment