7/29/09

Rest, Relaxation, and one long post

One word...WOW!! That about sums up our summer. It's been nonstop since May. The past several weeks have been the craziest. We had our trip to Virginia Beach (here's a teaser since I have yet to sort through hundreds of pictures)...





We flew in on Friday and were up early the next morning to travel to Idaho for Mike's grandmother's 80th birthday party.

Great Grandma Leila and Grandpa Glenn


Cousins - Kinsey, Morgan, Taylor & Rea

Reagan helping Papa dig taters



Then it was back to work and reality, followed by another trip to Idaho over the 24th for a family get together on my side. All of my siblings were there except my oldest sister. We went up to Burley on Friday and met my sister Heather and her kids for a fun afternoon at Lake Cleveland. A beautiful area with a man made lake that is stocked with trout (you would never know it because we aren't that lucky). It was a gorgeous day ended with making Smores at Heather with my brother Gary and his family. The fun continued into Saturday. My parents went to a lot of work planning games and fun things so nobody got bored. We did a nickel auction and the kids just loved it (and, yes, I was proud of my purchases also)! A little walk down memory lane completed the day. My mom had gone through her old journals and written down things from when we were younger and then we all put down memories on paper and later read them. My favorite was that my brother Matt used to be my slave....he'd iron my clothes, get me water, or whatever I made him do :O) I can't believe someone else had to remind me of how easy I had it. He loves me. What can I say. Family is awesome. My siblings are some of my best friends and in the end...family is what matters most.

Savana & Emmett

Sold to the Lady in the 2nd row

Wild Hoggin' It


Aunt Jessa playin with the kids

Bart & Rea fishin


If lakes could talk, they would say that my siblings all swam like this at one time!


Reagan is still in Idaho this week to spend some time with her grandparents, so finally, we are getting some good nights sleep(minus the night I was puking my guts out with some flu bug or maybe too much junk food in one night...YUCK!).

Can you believe it's already August!!

No comments: