7/10/09

And away we go......

Well, it's FINALLY here. Our beach vacation has arrived. We head to Virginia Beach to hang out with the Oustrich's for a fun-filled week. There will be plenty of pictures and posting when we are back. But as not to forget two important dates while we are playin'....Heidi's birthday and our 9th anniversary.

Aunt Heidi is loved by everyone. The nieces and nephews all love to come and stay with her. I'm sure this is because she gives them Dr. Pepper and ice cream for breakfast! (and is always willing to take Reagan to Old McDonalds house (which mom usually won't). We are so grateful for Heidi and all that she does for us. With no other family close by, she is constantly a life-saver. When Mike was traveling a lot I used to call her in the middle of the week to watch Reagan for even an hour so I could regroup. The kids are always so happy to see her. She may not have any "blood" children but she has PLENTY of children. Happy Birthday Heidi!



July 15th will be our 9th anniversary. It's crazy. Time goes so fast. I love the new Brad Paisley song called "I thought I loved you then". Of course I cried the first time I heard it (as usual with me and a lot of songs), and it's just so true for hopefully many people. You think you love someone as much as you can when you marry them and somehow, along the way, you find more ways to love them. It's been a wonderful 9 years. Thanks hun for being the husband and father that you are. For supporting me, loving me, making me laugh, and letting me be me. Here's to many more years together.

I love this picture. It's probably one of my favorites from our wedding day. I was so calm during all of this and when my dad took my arm to walk me down the "isle" or sidewalk! I looked up at him and he had tears in his eyes. I nearly lost it!

Ah, the happy couple!

2 comments:

HOLLY said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a fun vacation.

Krista ODell said...

That picture of you with your dad is priceless. Love it! Nine years? Wow! I remember that your wedding day was beautiful and happy. Hope you have tons of fun. Can't wait to see your vacations pictures.