4/21/09

In a few days of fun...

HELLOOOOO SUMMER!! I'm in heaven. I'm a summer girl. I don't mind winter but I can't stand being cooped up in the house. Let me see sunshine and feel the UV rays on my face. Mike jokes that the only yard work I do is laying out. How can I lie? He's so right. However, this weekend I did weed a few areas to get them ready for planting flowers and veggies. That was hard work.

So I have started working just 3 days a week. Dare I say...I LOVE IT!!! Mike is wincing because with being off more I'm sure he thinks I must have to spend more...not always true though. I think :) I have Fris and Mons off. It makes for a very nice long weekend - each week. With the weather so absolutely gorgeous this weekend we sure made good use of the outdoors. Saturday we went to the zoo. Our neighbor is a "cat trainer" so she got us half off season tickets. I'm sure we'll be going there a lot this year and I won't bore you with pictures over and over again (well, maybe). Matt's family joined us and Heidi was watching Cooper so they came too. It was a little breezy and slightly chilly while we were there but then we went to Sugarhouse Park for a little picnic and it was beautiful. The kids loved the zoo and running wild in the lush, soft, green grass. I had some girlfriends over to scrapbook that night and that, my friends, is always laughter at it's best. Next came yard work and just plain enjoying the sunshine. Pulled out the firepit and roasted hot dogs and marshmellows. Reagan and I also went to the aquarium that is by our house....um, kind of boring for me in that it took 20 minutes to walk through but Reagan loved it and we had to kill some more time. She, however, wasn't too fond of the stingray that floated up and flapped water all over her. Pretty much ended our journey in that part of the building. While she napped I, um, well, what did I do.......then we went to the park and flew her $1 kite from Wal Mart. Best kite ever!! Flies up in a hurry and stays there. No crashing down or trying impossibly to get the thing up. Gotta love Wal Mart. Out comes the BBQ grill, flip flops, capris and sunglasses. Summer is here my friends so let's enjoy it.

Swingin'


Flyin' Mickey


She looks thrilled, right? (Aquarium)

No comments: