Well, for the past 6 months I've been talking about chopping Reagan's hair off. I have never (and I mean never, like not even with a pair of my own scissors), trimmed or cut her hair. Gross huh!! Every time I washed it, it was a tangled mess. Desperately in need of a cut. I really, really wanted to chop it off into a "bob" because I think little girls look SO cute with styled hair (and I'm thinking it would be easier than fighting her for the "one pony" ugly do every morning). Well I took her on Monday for the first cut!! I didn't get very good pictures because I was so preoccupied with worrying and then got a little nervous that "Melanie" the stylist would think I was weird if I was snapping shots the whole time. We arrived at Cookie Cutters which is a kid-only salon type place. Overpriced but lots of motion going on and I figured she would do good. She got to sit in a car and pick out a movie. She was nervous and wanted to leave when we first went in there and we had to wait because it was packed (can you imagine taking 4 kids to get their haircut there...$100 later!). After she got back there she was fine....and I was a nervous Nelly!! Rambling on about her hair and how should we cut it and my husband would get so mad if I cut it off, etc. She talked me out of it anyway because she loved Reagan's hair and said she has lots of curl coming in underneath and I would probably have to blow dry it every day to make it look cute and heck, I can BARELY get myself ready and her half dressed and off to school/work in the morning there was no way, no how I wanted to add to my busy morning!! So ta-da.....3 inches of hair cut off and her new hair do. She was proud as a peacock about her hair cut (even though it's basically the same), the balloon, and her car she sat in.

3 comments:
it turned out beautiful! be glad you did not cut it. i cannot wait for kinlee to have long hair.
It looks so cute!!! I am also glad you did not cut it short...she has gorgeous thick hair! I am dying for Marissas are to get that long...Reagan is so darn cute!
Wow, I can't believe it was 3 inches longer...it's so pretty!
Be glad she doesn't have to have the dreaded clippers run across her head. Will is still terrified of them. I tried cookie cutters but he still freaked out, so now I cut it (pretty scary).
Post a Comment