Today was a very domestic day off. Growing up, most of the fall was spent helping mom can goods from the garden. By saying "help", I must mean that it was strictly child labor :) Long assembly lines of snapping beans, shelling peas, and cutting corn. It was a long process that probably lasted weeks if I could remember properly. As an adult, I have always wanted to can goods but have never pursued it because you hear about the time and mess, etc. I have friends that can and it always seems like so much work. However, Yvette was kind enough to help me learn how to can peaches today! It was relatively easy, and kind of embarrassing, that I would not know how to do something so simple. Although most of the day was spent separating Reagan and Zoe (it was an "off" cousin day!) Yvette showed me the ropes and I'm excited to be able to learn something new and add the very first "home-made" good to our pantry! Thanks Yvette and Zoe for a fun day.
Before.....

AFTER!!!

The one "happy" moment of the day!

Ok, maybe the "two" happy moments of the day!
2 comments:
Yea to the domestic goddess!! Great job with everything, glad you could come up and play for the day! :)
I'm super impressed. There's nothin' quite like pulling peaches off your own shelf. :)
Post a Comment