10/18/08

Cookies, Witches, Pumpkins, Campfires & The Zoo..Whew!

It's been a gorgeous fall week. The weather is so perfect right now and you have to enjoy every second of the weather and the beautiful scenery.
This past week we spent a night making Halloween sugar cookies. Reagan is always a "big" help in the kitchen and she thought it was fun because I even let her crack the eggs (which consists of her squeezing them so hard they finally shatter and I spend a few minutes digging out the shells). She got to roll out the dough and stamp the cookies and even (only one) got to ice them. I forgot to take a picture of our final project, however, I'm sure that a few guys at Mike's work could testify of their yumminess since they eat them until they have a belly ache!






Saturday, Katie, Heidi, Reagan and I went to Gardner Village for the "Wee Witches Weekend". Always fun to go out here in the fall as they have really cute decor set up, and on weekends like this...ALWAYS A TOTAL MAD HOUSE". Anyone in Utah will have these pictures on their blog!! Reagan held true to form and was absolutely afraid of everything. So, as you can imagine, not very many cute pictures were taken. I'm guessing she's a no-go for Trick-or-Treating this year!!
A witch

Hurry and take the picture while I stand over here


After Rea's nap on Saturday we thought we would go to a "pumpkin patch". Much to our disappointment, it was pretty much just a huge field that had a million pumpkins dropped around and you got to walk around with thousands of others, to try to find a pumpkin. Not cute photo opportunity...but a pumpkin we bought.



Saturday night we pulled out our fire pit to roast hot dogs and make smores. Nothing like a camp fire in your own back yard!
Roastin' the Dog

Yummy!

Everyone say "Cheese"


Last but not least, we took a trip to Hogle Zoo today. It was SO perfect. The weather was great so the animals were out and active. Much, much better than trying to go in the summer when it is hot, sweaty, and miserable. Reagan loved it this time. Much more so than last year. She was excited to see all the animals and wanted to pet them all. When we were getting ready to leave she wanted to wear - well whatever she had on. Including the cowboy boots that she currently wants to wear with anything. I pursuaded her to at least change her shirt but the capris and boots stayed. Mike thinks they should make tags that you put on kids that say "I dressed myself today" :O)

Riding the Train

I thought this was cute because if you look closely the mommy monkey is snugglin' up to a sleeping baby monkey



I love this picture! She is looking down at the Gorilla's but my favorite thing is her feet. She has crossed her feet like this since she was born. Sleeping, sitting, etc. It's our little criss-cross


5 comments:

Jill Denham said...

I just love looking at your page! You have the most darling family and look like you love life!!

McDermaid Fam said...

you guys have been busy! you are such a fun mommy! call me next monday, let's do something fun with the girlies. 282-2617

kim

HOLLY said...

What a cute Mom you are...I can relate well with picking out egg shells;) I love all of your pics...fall is one of my favorite times of the year.
ps I love the boots!So priceless.

Charlee said...

Wow what a cute family. You are still so pretty and you look like your just still so much fun. I bet you are a great mom.

Becky said...

Hi Erin, This is Becky (Brewer) Wilson How are you? I haven't seen you since school. You look just the same. Your girls are gorgeous. You guys look like your awefully busy. I hope all is going well. keep in touch! www.wilsonrugrats.blogspot.com