12/9/11

The Perfect Tree

It's been a lifelong goal of mine to be able to trapse around the mountainside looking for the perfect tree. Every year we talk about how much fun that would be and that is what you always imagine:) Growing up, we had fake trees. Albeit wonderful fake trees (which I honestly sometimes long for), they were just that...fake. No aroma, no mess, no watering the tree every day and cursing all the needles falling off. Mikes a firm believer in real, authentic trees. However, our "tree finding experience" has never been the romantic idea of finding one and this one held true to that!! It's been on average anywhere from 0-10 degrees most days here. Occasionally we will break into the 20's. We decided to get our tree from the YMCA this year for good samaritan reasons :) Off we went all bundled up and decked out in our winter gear. To make a long story short, Kade lasted all of 3 minutes before he was hysterically crying from being cold, so after 10 minutes of listening and being embarrassed, he and I went back to the car, and Rea and Daddy got to find the perfect tree!
His eyes are BEGGING you to take him to warmth

The cute old tree man

Putting the final touches on the decked out tree

Let it be said, that we will almost likely be hiring sitters this winter if we want to go out and about! While Kade is an avid outdoorsman during all other seasons, he absolutely HATES the cold. He'll stand at the back door and say "brrrrr, outside, brrrr, house, house". Which I take to mean, "It's too bloody cold outside so please let me stay in the house!". I took him out a few weeks ago when it was snowing and the second a snowflake hit his face it was all over and all sorts of fits. Can't blame him...I hate being cold as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course Kade hates the cold! It's too hard to be out and about in his favorite outfit, the BUFF, when it's so damn cold!! ;)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'd love to see you sooner rather than later!