Another post with yet any pictures! I'll try to edit or see if I have any pictures from the holiday week, but wanted to post something while my mind was still fresh with "Thanks". On Friday, November 18th, we lost dear Grandma Leila. She struggled long and hard to stay with us and told the Doctor to do all he could so she could see her Great Grandbabies grow. But her body was weak, and tired, and longing for some peace and healing I'm sure. I'm Thankful that when the kids and I saw her a month ago, she was healthy and getting stronger in the Care Center. She was always so happy to see the kids. She couldn't have been more proud of our kids that day, showing them off and telling everyone "these are my great grandbabies"! Oh how she loved them. I'm Thankful for the memory of her waving from the cafeteria that last time. Mike was also able to see her just a few days before her passing and even though she lay in pain, mostly sedated, and very weak, she was able to open her eyes for him. To see pictures he showed of her grandbabies, and that all she wanted in those finally moments, was to see their faces and feel the love. SHe was a wonderful lady and her service was perfect. Reflecting on her life as a truly wonderful, kind and loving lady who could hunt, fish, start a fire, bake, joke, and most importantly love. I find it very endearing that my husband and his cousins were able to grow up with such loving and involved grandparents on both sides. I never knew that and it's why it's so important that we are closer to our parents and that they are involved in our kids lives and they make memories with them. His Grandma and Grandpa were married for 62 years. A very close and loving couple, it is so hard to see Grandpa alone, but he is surrounded by his loving family and I'm sure that has made this easier.
The evening before Thanksgiving, Mike's dad was driving home from Boise and was invovled in a car accident. THANKFULLY, he was bruised, banged up, a few staples in his head, but he was alive. Until I saw the pictures of his truck, it didn't really hit me how amazing it was that he is still with us, and escaped with so little injuries!! Someone was truly watching over him that night! We are so grateful he was ok, and Thanksgiving the next day gave us a real reason to be Thankful.
In the madness that ensues the holiday and all us retail employees know, it's hard to go from feeling so blessed and watched over, to feeling so rushed and onto the next emotion of the year.
I was also so Thankful for the week I spent at my parents and the help that they all gave me along with my sisters in taking the kids and allowing me to lay around, get some rest, and start to feel better.
We head into a crazy time in our lives, but I think this month I will continue to reflect on the week we had of being truly shown what life, family, and being Thankful is about.
1 comment:
So sorry to hear of your loss.
Post a Comment