9/26/11

Sunday Afternoon Adventure

Who doesn't absolutely love beautiful scenery?! Mother Nature has a way of taking your breath away. Another spot we'd heard a lot about and wanted to see for ourselves is Palasades (Swan Valley) Wyoming. Took just over an hour to get there and well worth the drive. It was so beautiful. The foliage is starting to turn, the lake there is huge, huge and beautiful as well. We stopped a few times to get out and check out future camping/hiking spots, and can't wait to try the water next summer (if maybe the bears aren't out and about like they are this year!)
There are so many fun and interesting places close by and we love scoping them out and having us some family fun.



Soaking in the sunshine and drawing pictures

At first I was impressed that Mike reached into the stream and caught this fish! Then I realized it had reached the end of his tunnel and was searching for the light! I also learned something I did not know, and that was the fish is red because it was dying, and that fish apparently return to their place of birth in order to spawn/die. Who knew!

Kade's reaction to the fish ;) He would scream like a little girl and hide his head when Mike got close with the fish

But...he was sure happy to be roaming around in the outdoors, getting dirty, throwing rocks in the water, climbing on falled trees, and enjoying nature

No comments: