The "chill in the air" went from an excited, anticipated feeling, to a shock, reality feeling very fast. While we have enjoyed some beautiful, "perfect" fall weather, for the most part, I think it's a reality check that we are moving full force into a season that I have come to dread...winter :( While October kicked off with a big snow storm and several inches of snow, it's followed that up with weather in the 60's. And, although sunny, usually we are accompanied by sweatshirts and pants, along with mid-day hot chocolate!
Here's what we've been up to so far this month :)
The first snow!
And of course all the fun had at parks (which are my least favorite thing to do! I know, I'm a grouch, but parks aren't relaxing for me. It's always trying to lift here or get kicked in the head by a swinging child on monkey bars, or constantly being nervous Kade will end up with a broken bone!)
I call this picture "my life on the run"!
Also NOT a big fan of these chairs! Not sure if it's because I, myself, cannot tolerate anything that goes in circles, or if it makes me so worried they spin uncontrollably fast, and how great can that be for their little brains!
My little climber
Kade loves to swing
And this little monkey LOVES LOVES the monkey bars. This is actually at our little tiny swingset in the backyard. But she had Mike remove everything from this side so she can go back and forth. She's had blisters for awhile.
Nature adventures to the mountains and greenbelt
Course he's trying to climb this tree
This is for you Jennifer ;)
Trip to the Apple Orchard
Good news is, my kids love apples, especially Kade. Bad news was, he was sure his Papa was there and followed this not-super-friendly "grandpa" around so I spent most of my time prying his juicy hands off the imposter "Papa". That and making sure he only ate apples that were off the tree, not already half eaten, and tossed on the ground :)
A week left in October and it's insanely hard to believe! Reagan has been loving her dance class, my PE teaching hasn't been as terrible as I thought (although challenging!), the business is gearing up for the insane season, we are heading to Island Park next weekend, Halloween, a visit from my dear friend, a girls getaway at last, Thanksgiving, retail insanity, and Christmas will be here before you know it! Where, oh where, does time go!
2 comments:
I'm getting excited to see you in November!!
I agree, parks aren't very relaxing...that's where Will broke his leg...
Love all the pics!
Post a Comment