4/5/11

"They"....

People with kids always talk about their kids! It's hard not to do. I remember when all my friends had kids and I hadn't yet, and we would hang out and that was all the conversation involved. I don't remember it ever bothering me though, or being totally bored by it. And now, I am one of those. I guess part of the reason of blogging is just to bore people with talks about your kids right?!
So let's talk about "She". She is insanely creative, loving, infectious, and outspoken. She is also mostly bossy, very opinionated, sassy, and silly. She loves her "kids", reading books, playing tea parties, coloring, drawing, playing dress up, and school. She loves "sparkly shoes", flip-flops, wearing headbands, & skirts. She constantly says "I Love You". She is so much like myself, and so much like her father. At times that's hard, at times, that's adorable.
She isn't really a morning person (like her mother). It's takes her a while to get motivated to dress or eat breakfast. She does not like being told what to wear, definately has an opinion about what looks good, her clothes, shoes, hair, and DEFINATELY knows buttons to push. She immediately shuts her door in the morning so "He" won't go in there. He has had numerous doors shut in his face. But she loves to make him laugh and is always concerned with what he is doing and if it might be dangerous or inflict pain. She argues until she thinks she is proven right, and she is convinced she rules the roost.
She is insanely beautiful when she is sleeping....and of course, when she is awake :)
And, not a day goes by where I don't thank God for allowing us to raise "Her"....pray we don't screw it up! We love that girl!!


Should I talk about "He"? Man, that little man just makes your heart melt. "He" is insanely adorable. His beautiful blue eyes and enormous grin cause compliments each and every day we are out. Our neighbor said they other day we don't know "how good we have it with his great personality and smile that lights up his face". He will act like he's shy but have a smile while his head is tucked away. It's all part of his game. He loves games! He loves to be chased, do the chasing, and hide-and-seek. He insists on feeding himself and although it's a HUGE mess, why not! He loves trucks, making messes, "fixing" things, breaking things, and hiding things. He LOVES books, singing, and most of all dancing. He hardly says a word but I understand him perfectly :) He loves, loves to be outside. And throws, throws, throws a fit when he has to come inside. He likes everyone who comes over. He refused to come to me when Mike's cousin sat last week. Hanging onto her for dear life as not to come to me. He begged the Schwan's Man yesterday until he too, picked him up and he wasn't too thrilled to be given to me. My parents were up for a visit this week and my dad said "He's going to have to be hidden away until he's grown". So true, because he is so bloody cute! And again, I pay thanks and pray that I as a parent will do what's right.


So "they" are our kids. Our lovable, cute, challenging, heart-warming kids. They are the reason we live, the reason we forgive, are forgiven, eat, breathe, work and love. But the best thing in all of this....I know that when they are grown, when they begin to have kids of their own, I have "their" wonderful father to grow old with!!

2 comments:

HOLLY said...

You really have the cutest kids! I love listening to you talk about your kids. You are a talented writer.

BenJee said...

Love it! They are beautiful.