Two Cool Cats
Fun night in the mountains - we met friends in the canyon on night for a hot dog roast and yummy smores. We enjoyed the weather, throwing rocks in the river, good food, even better company, and it was all brought to an end with a thundering storm as we raced to the cars. Nothing better.
There is nothing sweeter than the love of a cousin.
Bart & Kade
Emmett
Malia (can you tell these three are siblings!)
So begins the dream of a lifetime :) Here are some pictures of "our" new store. Fancy eh?! It looks fantastic and it's been doing pretty good since we opened. When Mike was getting ready to open I told him "just don't get as skinny as you were when we got married!" (of course he weighed several pounds less than I did). Didn't take long to drop numerous pounds already this time around too. Living on yogurt, granola bars, and cereal is quite the diet. If you are ever in Idaho Falls stop in and say hello-he would love the company and I would love the sale :)
There are many types of friends that enter ones life at different stages and for different reasons. Some of those friends you are able to see often and spend time with and others, in the chaos of life, you may not see so often although thought of kindly. However, it's truly about the "friendship" that matters most. We had the opportunity to spend 2 wonderful days catching up with "old" friends that we haven't seen in a while. Jennifer and I have known each other for maybe 14 years. She was just a sweet, shy secretary when I moved down here. Now she is a super mom of 5 sweet kids. Her youngest was born just a few months before Kade. We met at Wheeler Farm and had a few hours of catching up, craziness, and fun.
A few days laters, we met up with the Anderson clan. They lived next door when we bought our house. We would literally spend HOURS chatting over the "fence". Their daughter was Reagan's age when we moved in. She was silly, giggly, and had a crush on Mike (like most girls do ;o) It was an instand bond. Salt of the earth, caring, loving family whom we miss!! They moved away and then moved back but still "away". Geniel has graciously given Reagan's loads and loads of hand-me-downs (which I always LOVE and appreciate) and the kids had fun playing together. Seeing the "kids" all grown up makes you realize just how precious time is and how many years have passed.
After both visits I got into my car and with a happy heart, realized just why people have friends (of any kind). To make you feel important, loved, & respected.
Wheeler Farm with the Wrights
Swimming fun with the Andersons
Arielle & Kade (she would be an awesome babysitter if she lived closer!)
WHen I was younger (heck, probably still), my family called me a leach. I would literally sit in between 2 people on a "2" people couch. I am not sure if it was the human touch I needed or I just did it to be annoying...because that's sometimes how I feel about my OWN daughter!! She definately takes after me in that sense. Always wants to be held or butt in-to someone sitting somewhere. Crawling all over anyone (in this case Alex while he is trying to be left alone but being a good sport about it)
B&N
I'm pretty sure if I ever won a really big lottery, I would buy a Barnes & Noble (or Borders). Heaven is what I would think. We love going to bookstores and walking around, sitting down to read, and just enjoying the smell of coffee and new books. For Reagan's birthday, my mom had given her a gift card to B/N. I have let her go and pick out a book or two each time to let it last. She loves it. I wish I hadn't put my camera deep in the diaper bag at check out time this time around. She said "You stay behind the line mom, I can do it myself because I have my credit card" and up to the cashier she went. I had to point down so the cashier could tell she was there but she proudly reached up on her tippy toes and put the book on the counter. He rang it up, put it in a sack, and gave her the total. She said "Here, take my credit card and I'll sign for it". I was almost ready to cry! No, not because she is 4 and not only knows how to use a "credit" card and thinks that's the concept of buying anything, but because she was showing me just how indepent she is.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...our little man turned 6 months old this month. The doctor is sure impressed at what a "big, healthy baby we grew". Kade is 27" long (this is 2 3/4 inches in TWO months). This put him in the 80% for length. He weight 17 lbs and 5 oz (50%) and last but not least a nice BIG round head in the 80%. That comes from daddy. The height might very well be carrying over from my family. He is currently in 9 and 12 month clothes and I just love it. He enjoys sitting up, rolling over, jib-jabbering like crazy, eating of course, chewing the crap out of his fingers (or anything else that is within reach of his mouth) looking at books, watching Max & Ruby with big sis, being tickled on his feet and under the chin, and of course...SMILING! I get numerous compliments a day on how happy and smiley he is. He's an angel and we love him dearly.
1 comment:
Cute pics of the kids! The store looks great!! Hope it is all going good.
Post a Comment