The wonderful thing about November is the season of thankfulness. It gives way to the season of giving. Two months of feeling humbled, blessed and grateful. Grateful we live in this free country. That we aren't told what to wear, where to go, how to live, etc. Even with the hardships that the nation faces, the political mess we have or may be in according to some, and the financial crisis so many are facing, we are free, and we are blessed. I'm grateful for so many things in my life. Health, stability, love, friendship, family, etc. Last week Mike and I volunteered with others from his work at the Food Bank. Absolutely amazing at the food that was in that warehouse. It made me sort of ashamed that we don't do more donating! We packaged boxes that were going to elderly who didn't have a "food pantry" and I thought, as great as all this stuff looks going in to the boxes, I'm so grateful I don't rely on this.
Now, I look forward to a season of giving. Sometimes, it's hard to remember that when life revolves around retail. Long hours create time away from home and sometimes a needed break-for everyone involved. We often lose track of what it's really about. It's hard to teach kids the true meaning when we live in a world of "I want". "Material" things aside, it's a season of being with family, celebrating birth, life, and once again being grateful for all we have. Hope you all had a wonderful season of being thankful!!



Who better to fix a 2 year olds hair....than a 3 year old :) This is what we found...when they couldn't be found

1 comment:
looks like you may have a cosmetologist on your hands.
Post a Comment