7/5/14

Happy 8th Birthday Reagan!

I'm not exactly sure how 8 years have passed.  How the quiet of the first night of her life, they brought in this insanely tiny, sweet lipped, dark eyebrowed girl to hand over to us, seems like last year but is actually 2,920 days later.  How those first feelings of "Wow!! She amazing and all ours" have turned into "Are we totally screwing her up?!".  I read somewhere that when you are feeling weary of motherhood, the challenges, the feelings of failure, etc, that you should look over pictures of your kids when they were babies.  I do it and for brief moments or long days...it totally puts things into perspective! It makes you realize just how tender Father Time is.  How fast this life goes.  How sweet, loving innocence is gone so quickly and they become individuals with personanilities, opinions, and character. She and I struggle sometimes. We are either two peas in a pod or we are just enough opposite that we have a hard time seeing eye to eye. Or maybe it's that she and I are the "females" and we both want to dominate:) But I not change a thing.  She has brought so much laughter, joy, and warmth into our lives.  We love that she tries so hard to succeed.  That she has so many talents that she embraces.  That she is thoughful of others feelings and she loves her family, especially cousins and grandparents.  She loves to read, her favorite subject is Social Studies, her favorite color is still pink.  She loves music, and of course still loves to sing.  She is a talented piano player, loves to socialize, have play dates, and talk about boys.
We had a fun celebration prior to going on vacation.  She chose a Spa Party this year and it was just as fun as all the others.  We did chocolate facials, manis, pedis, decorated flip flops, made yummy smelling sugar scrubs, and at some yummy cake!  Here's to another year of growth and adventure sweet girl.










No comments: