11/5/13

Halloween 2013

So many memories growing up involving fall.  Arizona isn't necessarily the mecca for seasonal changes, but we had huge trees that dropped leaves every fall.  We would spend hours outside.  It's one thing I miss about our house in Utah.  The big trees! I'm sure if we had them I would curse them, but I feel sad that my kids had to get excited about the leaves in our weekly journey to the public library! Collecting leaves in their McD's happy meal buckets to bring home and crunch around.



 Crazy Hair Day at school:)
 Carving pumpkins.  The annual tradition I probably dislike the most.  Maybe.  Getting dressed up and hopped up on sugar might come in a close second:)  Kade isn't about to touch anything about the inside of a pumpkin.  My little OCD clean boy.  It displays in his face right?!
 Reagan picked out her face and cut it primarily on her own this year.  Getting so grown up! (Kade's was a Ninja Turtle face.  Not sure why I was so lame and didn't get a picture after Mike worked so hard)

 Halloween Skate Party night for Reagan's school.  We had borrowed costumes this year.  It was the only night we agreed to dress up with the kids.  By then, the kids had worn their costumes to so many events they were almost tiring of them. But....I couldn't imagine a cuter Dorothy..or a more fearsome Lion!! Love these guys.

Halloween night.  Of course, kids are exhausted after a day of partying in school and being so excited for days on end.  It was freezing (of course) and sprinkling rain off and on.  We spent 30 minutes at the same place as last year and they kids had a full bucket, happy, and ready to be in a warm house.  It is a retirement development and the people are excited to see the kids and give out good candy.  Pretty sure this will be our annual Trick-or-Treat street.
Of course the Schwan's man needed to make an appearance this night.  My kids think he's like their long lost friend.  They just love him.
 Here's his pumpkin in the daylight I guess.  He's graduated from Woody to Donatello
 Ok, my pictures stunk this year.  But I had to post this one.  My kids ran from house to house. Reagan found a friend to move with, and left Kade in the dust.  Buckets kept dropping and this time he bit it.  I hurried and snapped a picture and then the cute little lady at the house said "Oh my gosh, did you really just take a picture of that" as he's sobbing...uh, yeah, I sorta did.
Welcome November!!




No comments: