5/29/13

And here is it summer vacation...

I use the word "summer" loosely.  Heaven knows it isn't summer in Eastern Idaho.  Far from it.  It's one thing that really stinks living here.  Our summers are very short and while the rest of the West Coast gets to gleen pants, long sleeve shirts and socks, we are still acting like we are in the throws of winter!  Unfortunately the heat is still running, we still have down comforters on the beds, and winter PJ's have yet to be retired (although barely fitting and slightly worn).  We anticipate some warmer weather heading our way in the next few weeks and we will embrace it fully!!

We've managed to waste away another few months, hard as it seems.  Reagan ended another school year and will before we know it will be our big 2nd grader!  She was ready for school to be over and I know we were as well.  No more nagging to get ready for school, rushing to get out the door, and life will be how we enjoy it...slow and lazy :) Now if I could only truly convince my kids when you wake up at 6 a.m. it makes for a very LONG day!

Here's a bit of what we've been up to...
Took a trip to Kelly Canyon (Ririe area) and had a fun picnic.  Snow was still on the ground so it made for a non-hike day.
 Poop Picture courtesy of Kade
 He won't touch anything that will make him dirty ;)
 My cuties
 

Celebrated Grandpa Glen's 90th birthday and Mike's 40th birthday all in one day!
 Grandpa and the newest great grand baby Jazmine
 

And this is life on the run....
 Singing Happy Birthday (that's Grandpa's dog Lucy wanting in on the action) :O)

 And the bets are flying..
 I think he lost most of it...
 Start em' "Young" apparently

Planted the garden! Here's to hoping it is lush and productive this year!


 Fed the ducks/geese/pigeons
 Stared at this angelic face a million times ( I cannot get enough of his freckles)
 Put together a swing set over Memorial weekend



Had a spring dance recital - No pics?! Mom was in PA and dad took video I need to download I guess.

I went to Pennsylvania for 6 days to visit my PA family, attend a wedding, and have some fun! I think these were the only pictures we took though?. This was a place in NY called Watkins Glen.  It had 7 or 8 waterfalls and you hiked to the top - something like 800+steps.  Beautiful!


We also registered for Coach Pitch softball which starts next week, registered for swim lessons, made our Summer Fun List, started the library reading program, scheduled a few trips, lured in some visitors, and ready to have some warm, lazy summer days.

No comments: