5/28/12

Catching Up

Oh my goodness it's been a while. I'm not even sure anyone but Jennifer reads this blog anymore (hey friend!). So let's do a little catching up! (but I'm totally confused by the new format they have now and no idea how this is posting because I can't preview for some reason).... Easter was nice. Stayed home and celebrated just with the kids and ourselves. Saturday was freezing cold and we went to 2 cluster messes of hunts. What ever happened to the old school ones instead of hey, let's get a thousand kids in a tiny little place, spread thousands of eggs and count to 10 for it to all be over! The kids both had fun finding eggs and a little treasure hunt that Dad so graciously orchestrated. They also made a nice fat mess coloring eggs (which I dislike), and were satisfied with what Mr. Bunny left. Pictures for proof...
Mother's Day weekend we spent with our Moms :) Some how, I only managed to get pictures of some fun in Grandma's tub.
He's also discovering lots of boy things and that includes tools. He loves to "fix" things..unfortunately, he's also tried to fix a light socket...with a screwdriver!! And he loves his "goggles"!
Reagan had a field trip to Bear World before school got out. This was awesome because it was really, really cheap and it gave her the "bear" fix she needed. She was able to hold a bear cub that was only 8 weeks old prior to this and they had grown so much in the few months since then. Man are they cute! Man would I not want to meet one on a hiking trail!
Meet Como...the newest member to our family. Long story short, Reagan became obsessed with getting a rabbit. Started saving her money, which led to us actually thinking about it, which let to Mike doing all sorts of "rabbit research", which led us to Como (previously named Camo but Reagan read his name wrong so Como it became...Mike thought he should be Michael Jackson ;) He's a mini-lop but still quite large!! He is littered trained, sort of, even cute, but deathly afraid of the Kade and I as of today. Kade, because he usually chases him all over yelling "Raaawwwrrrr", me, I have no idea but Mike says "Bees and Rabbits smell fear" ;) It's now been 2 weeks and he's getting better. He's currently housed in Reagan's room, smells not to bad, and will sometimes let you pick him up. He likes following Mike around, eating dandilions, and hiding behind the toilet. I'm waiting for Reagan to bore with him. Numerous years ago I always wanted a rabbit. Bad thing is...they aren't necessarily "pets". You can love on them and they scare most the time. We'll see how this all pans out!
Yes, that's the potty, yes he's naked :) He's started to "peepee" in the potty, when he decides it's cool, but will stand 3 inches away and poop his pants...I've decided I'm procrastinating for a few months...maybe several :)
These 3 are the loves of my life!
I've got plenty more to upload, edit and blog :)

1 comment:

Abbey Harper said...

I love the post first. Second I need to let you know that my friend has a rabbit and her husband accidentally stepped on the rabbit. The rabbit had to go to the vet because it stopped eating. Apparently rabbits are super sensitive when hurt. The rabbit lived and is still happily pooping all over. This is just an FYI so you don't super-freak out when the rabbit eventually gets slightly injured and needs a visit. Rabbits don't like being stepped on, that's all.