8/30/11

Kindergarten Here we ComE!!!

August 29, 2011

Kindergarten Begins!!
Well it's off to school for our little one. Or not so little one as I now see. It's a crazy morning trying to get up and going as we are not exactly prepared for this for some reason! We don't exactly "roll" first thing.
We have her clothes all ironed, hair all pretty, teeth brushed, breakfast forgotten, and nerves all around. Driving up to the school is nerve-racking!! Especially for mom, who wants this to all be perfect. It's a lot of chaos since there are obviously a thousand kids and parents milling around. She says to me "my belly hurts" followed by "ok, I think I'd rather go home now". But the excitement of the bell ringing takes over and she is in line walking to her class. I'm trying to not get choked up. I don't see other mother's crying yet :) More chaos ensues in the classroom, as they hang backpacks, disperse school supplies, and rush to find a chair. Her little friend from next door is in her class, as well as a girl from her Preschool so she is excited. There is a sweet little blond-haired girl in cowboy boots who immediately attaches herself to Reagan. When I pick her up the little girl says to her mommy, "hey! meet my brand new friend Reagan!" Her name is Ava. Ahhh, just what Reagan's name almost was! Meant to be?? I'm excited. I'm thrilled actually. This is right up her ally. Making friends, socializing, hopefully learning, and listening to the teacher. SHe was a little shell-shocked when I picked her up. She couldn't say much about the day and was quiet for the afternoon. Mostly I think she was tired!! Like I said, we don't roll easy in the early mornings. We'll adjust. She was excited to return today so I think we'll survive. Only a few sad, reflecting moments for me about how much time has flown. How she's growing up so much and will soon be shaving her legs and putting on make-up, nervous for a date. Yikes. Let them stay little at heart please!

Age 5 years

Lovin' her some Victorious Backpacks

Showing off her Teachers Gift

How fitting that her school would be on "Princess Drive"!! Mountain Valley Mustangs watch out!

Just look at how unsure she is :(

Meeting up with Kellie

Mrs. Patterson and Reagan



2 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

What are you going to do with that extra free time? lol. she looks so cute!

HOLLY said...

SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS IN KINDERGARTEN ALREADY! I AM GLAD SHE LIKED IT!