7/1/11

Simply a Letter

My sweet girl,

At 2:05 a.m. on June 27, 2006 I fell in love. Insanely, impossibly, and joyously in love! There you were, in all your newborn glory. Needing a bath, needing a blanket, needing a mother, and possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Crazy amounts of black hair all over, and this perfect round, angelic face. Beautiful eyebrows accented long, thick eyebrows, and rosey little lips. You were all mine. Placed in my arms, I knew the amounts I would go to, to make sure you were safe, loved, and cared for.
What an amazing, challenging, and memorable 5 years sweetheart. You. You with your HUGE personality. Your loving heart, your expressive deep brown eyes, your sweet voice as you sing, and silly demeanor. I'll not talk about the challenges we face as your parents, as we struggle to insure that we teach you right from wrong. The difficulties of classing personalities, the pushing of buttons and what not. Because, honestly, those are far outweighed by the amounts of laughter, love, and joy you have brought into our lives!
Kids gravitate toward you. You are so loved by your cousins and any little friends you meet. Your "bust out a dance move at any moment" has and will always make me smile. You say the sweetest things at just the right time. You love life and may you always!
Ten years from now you will probably thing I am boring. I am mean, I am old, and you'll want a younger, cooler, prettier mom. You'll think I don't have a clue about you, life, love, or the future. But remember this..I've been there. I've spent my life learning these exact same things. I probably won't be cool, I most likely will be mean, and yes, sweetheart, I WILL be old. There will be younger mom, cooler moms, but no mom that will ever, ever love you like I do!! Because I can live through your eyes again. I can dream, I can wish, I can laugh and dance and sing.
Forever in my heart, My dream for you is to always be who you are. Always be as big as you are, and always, always remember how many people LOVE you!!

Forever & Always,
Mom





4 comments:

JenWright said...

What a beautiful girl. :)

McDermaid Fam said...

Ah Erin! You made me cry! I love your way with words. Did you take the pics of Rea? Good job!

Krista ODell said...

Could your daughter be any more impossibly adorable? I think not!!! She is sooooo cute!

HOLLY said...

You write so well Erin. She is such a precious little girl.