We drove to Kimberly Saturday night to celebrate Father's Day with 2 of the best men we know! I'm lucky. Or maybe fortunate? Possibly blessed? All of those would definately encompass life growing up in our house (well, at least according to me). My dad was in education his entire career. This meant being able to spend holidays, weekends, and summers with his kids. That's not a bad thing if you knew my dad. A very, very wise, concerned, loving father. When we were younger, on Sundays, we all got to spend one on one time with dad. Whether it was 5 minutes..or possibly longer if he really wanted to "pyschologize" :O) Always supportive, the quiet encourager, and always a believer. Sees good in everyone, and always has a listening ear (and sometimes that ear goes a long, long way because he's quite the story teller!). All kidding aside Dad, you know we all love you!
That being said, Mike's dad is a loving, supportive father/grandfather as well. He doesn't say much sometimes, but you always know he loves his kids and adores his grandkids. I think for a long time, Mike probably felt like he was the odd man out, being the only child NOT in construction! But, I guarantee Dick is very proud of Mike as what he has done with his professional and personal life.
That also being said, I will note what an awesome father/husband Mike is. Those that know we dated FOREVER, know that I always, always loved Mike for his ability to shine around kids. Pied Piper he has always been. It was one of the things that first attracted me to him (other than his good looks of course...) I always knew he would be an amazing dad. I don't think anyone who knew him thought otherwise. What I/they probably didn't realize is that he is "the" dad you want. Honestly. He loves our kids insanely so. Not only that but his first priority, honestly, is that his kids (and myself) are happy. That we have what we want/need. He's the dad that gets up in the middle of the night when the kids are sick even though he has a "job" and I, well, sort of don't :) He is up with the kids so I can lay in bed an extra 20 minutes in the morning. His first priority when he gets home is not "him time" or "I need to detox" time. It's grabbing the kids and wrestling, walking with them, playing outside with them, and just loving them. My kids ADORE him. Each day he comes home is like he's been gone for a week. They just beam. That, my friends, is what it's all about. So kuddos to all the amazing men in my life. Love them all!
Daddy
Grandpa Dick
Papa
No comments:
Post a Comment