2/28/11

And here it is March!

I am a "stay-at-home Mom", you would think, doing this, that I sit around all day. That I would have all this time to sew, craft, read, keep my house spotless, laundry caught up, kids well behaved, 3 meals prepared, and THE BLOG CAUGHT UP!! However, I spend most of my days sitting on the floor playing with Kade, or reading books to Reagan or trying to do fun things so she doesn't say she never does fun things (smile). Most of the time my house is a little cluttered...I am NEVER caught up on laundry, I have patterns cut out but nothing sewed, and rarely do I wake in time to get breakfast for the kids (I know, I suck, I just am not a morning person!). I do cook dinner most every night though so that's something right! It seems that as time would pass we would have all sorts of pictures to post about. I guess it's that we never do anything out of the ordinary of what others would do so our pictures consist of the kids eating, sleeping, playing, or maybe a video of them dancing, singing, and lately, of KADE WALKING! He will cross the room in no time at all but leave it up to him and he prefers to crawl or at the least have all sorts of attention if he is going to attempt the walk. He's insanely cute and we love him.

The past month has consisted of him turning one, a party at my parents for him with cousin fun, and best of all, I got to leave him at my mom's for a few days and painted my cute craft room, the bathroom, all sorts of random furniture, and spend some one on one with my not so little girl! Best news of the month would be FINALLY selling our home. The realtor was awesome and we didn't have to settle for a price to just dump it. She went for what we wanted, we did a few changes in the kitchen, pictures weren't even online for 3 days and we had 2 offers. Huge huge relief and on to living - without 2 house payments!

The weather is still very cold here. I ventured out this morning and it was 10 degrees with the wind chill dropping that to below I am sure. We don't get a whole lot of snow but what we have stays and stays because of the cold. We rarely venture into the snow because it is way too cold to "play" outside. Yes, we are excited for spring and summer here and for all that offers us.

Business has remained steady profitable, and Mike has proven that he can "keep up with the so-called big dogs". We have loyal customers and Mike has done all the right things to promote the business, but ultimately, carry product people want and they will shop anywhere right! It's fun to hear people talk about him and how nice the store is.

I promise...pictures will be posted soon! Happy March everyone!

3 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

Yeah for selling the house! can't believe kade is walking! fun times ahead :)

BenJee said...

They grow so stinkin fast. I can't believe it! So I haven't talked w/Mikey in awhile. Glad to here about the house. He sounded stressed about it last time we talked. Hope you find a nice place in I.F. if you haven't yet. I hope I can come see you guys this summer. :-)

HOLLY said...

Congrats on selling your house!
I am much the same with daily stuff...I am not a morning person either so we usually have cereal every day.
You are doing a great job at being a Mom and much more caught up on your blog than I am.