We arrived on Sunday night and Monday morning met Jennifer's brother and sister and their kids (with her mom) at a huge "pumpkin patch". This was an awesome farm with everything you can imagine for the kids to do. Jennifer has 7 nieces that live there, and let me tell you how much they LOVE Reagan! I overheard her say to one "I bet you missed me (remember, this was the same family we spent a week with last summer in Virginia Beach), to which she replied to Reagan "I sure did!". They were fighting over who got to hold her hand, sit by her, talk to her, etc. She was in
H-E-A-V-E-N. It was a perfect day in the perfect atmosphere. The scenery was, of course, beautiful. I was back last year at this exact time with my mom and 2 sisters so I was excited to return to the beauty (however, I didn't manage one photo of that). We had a few days of cold and rain, but spent time at their little town library, a movie, hanging out playing dress up with the girls, dancing, eating, a swim birthday party, and last but not least, catching up with a dear friend and I have always felt right at home in their house.
From the last trip as well, Reagan had acquired her "sweet thing". This would be Jennifer's brother Christopher, to whom Reagan just mushed all over. This continued and he was such a sport with all that. She also attached right to his girlfriend. Should we say she definately is not shy!! There should also be an introduction to George! This would be Jennifer's father whom is known for not being, let's say, extra friendly (George, you know we love ya). He can't help that Reagan has no idea he doesn't want her around or to sit on his lap or cuddle up to him! It's totally amusing to watch.
So to a successful week all around. For a nice little trip for me, the kids, the friends we love, and safe travels. Enjoy the photos.
Getting Ready to Take Off
At Chicago Airport during our 2 hour layover (which totally sucked and luckily was only anhour on the flight home). They have a cool play area though so here is Kade just chillin', munchin on an apple...this kid would eat anything you put in front of him right now.
Morning after the flight in Auntie Jenn's bed
Roba's Farm


Lexi & Rea swimming
Out to lunch (and Reagan being silly)
PLaying Dress Up




Hannah the Cheerleader

Rea & Cole (isn't he cute)

Sweet Thing

My Sweet Kade
The Kid is oblivious to the puke all over him. I change him numerous times a day and I am thinking I need to start carrying around a change of clothes for me as well. The doctor said he just throws up a lot. Nothing wrong with that right?! Whatever! Anyway, he's healthy and growing so they said just let it be. I had just changed him for the flight, get situated at the terminal and blurp...all over me, him, and his fresh clean blanket. So needless to say, I smelled throw up the entire way home. And I'm sure others smelled it as well :) Gotta love being a mom.
1 comment:
Wow! I am so impressed that you would take that adventure by yourself! You are brave. I am so glad everything went well for you. It looks like you guys had a blast! Your kids are adorable, as always, and you look great!
Post a Comment