5/10/10

A mother...

Every little girl wants to be a mother. They spend hours playing mother to dolls, barbies, little kids, etc. Most girls don't really like their mother's at some point. Mother's aren't cool at some points. They get a lot of eye rolling, dirty lookings' and you don't understandings. But thankfully, little girls grow up. They usually become mothers of some sort. Whether it be a mother directly, a mother to those seeking advice, or a mother to nieces, nephews, etc..and then, hopefully then, can they appreciate their mothers! I've been in all those categories above. I am now a taxi driver, boogie picker, hug and kiss giver, maid, cook, etc. I am exhausted some nights (and I have ONLY 2 children). However, through it all, I would change not a thing. I love all the mothers in my life. Those that have been mothers to me. The one who obviously gave birth to me, nurtured me, loved me in spite of me, and now continues to encourage me to be a good mother. I love all my friends mother's who helped raise me, Mike's mother, who obviously raised three awesome kids. His grandmother's who raised his parents and their kids to be loving, caring family members. I love my SISTERS both blood and heaven sent and for the examples that they are to me as mother's. I have many flaws as a mother. If you dwell on this, it's a little disappointing. However, I have many wonderful attributes as a mother as well so I try to focus on these and hopefully improve the flaws I find. Nobody is ever perfect and I know that. At the end of it all, a simple "I love you" in the middle of a conversation, a smile or coo from my sweet baby, a loving look from my husband when he sees me with my kids..this is all that matters. So to all of you WOMEN out there...Happy (belated) Mother's Day!!

No comments: