5/16/09

I grew up in the sticks. There wasn't much to do but entertain yourself. We would go to the town library every week and literally bring home a hundred books. We had maybe a few channels but we couldn't watch a lot of shows. Enter in my love for reading. I'm a book nerd. Honestly. I LOVE TO READ! Most of my family is the same way. We could have 10 in a room and everyone reading a book. I would say kindof sad huh, but it's not! I read at least a book a week. Sometimes two. I will read most anything but love mystery. This past week when Mike was gone I tried to read 3 different books but they were all freaking me out so I had to settle for Nicholas Sparks romance novel :O) I take a bath each night and will sit in there for an hour. My mom used to do the same thing. Course hers was to get away from her 10 children....mine is just a bad/good habit. Next, enter in Reagan's love for reading!! This is her favorite thing to do at nights. We read book after book after book. Sometimes ok, most times, it's exhausting and we are currently reading the SAME FOUR BOOKS over and over each night. However, she loves to read. I can't complain about that. Yes, there are sometimes when I would LOVE for her to watch an hour movie so I could get something done but on the other hand I'm glad that she's not addicted to TV (yet!). When we got married we had a TV in the bedroom and I eventually talked Mike into getting rid of it as he probably hadn't read a book since high school. We did, and he's a convert :)

No comments: