Of course the holiday season is upon us and we all find ourself pondering that which we are grateful for. I like to think that I am grateful every day of each year. I try to be. I consider myself a "grateful, intuitive, thoughtful" person. So, since I've been thinking about the upcoming holidays, I would love to share some of my thankfulness.
Working in the medical field, I see things every day that make me thankful for my/my family's health, foremost, but also for my "luck" as fate would call it, with life in general. We see a lot of patients that have pretty much been unlucky their entire lives. Unlucky in anything and everything. I am reminded every day "I am SO blessed".
I am most thankful for my sweet daughter. That I have been entrusted with this amazing little person. That she chose me, as her mother, to lead her in this wicked world to teach her right from wrong, and hopefully all that is good in life. To love her, rock her, kiss her owies, smile when she does her first dance recital, wipe tears from her eyes for her first heartbreak, and send her out into the world. She brings so much joy, laughter, and love into out home and our lives. We waited awhile, and then waited while not wanting to wait, and in the end, she was more than worth the wait. She is all that is good in both of us. She has an amazing father. Anyone who knows Mike will agree to this. He was born to be a father. I always knew that about him and probably what most attracted me to him. He loves me in spite of my many, many faults. He never goes a day without saying how much he loves us and is lucky to have Reagan and I in his life and that means so much to me. He works hard to provide for us. To give us a warm, comfortable roof over our heads & food in our bellies. He is a kind-hearted, funny, loving individual he is my best friend.
I am thankful for my family. I have loving, forgiving, sacrificing parents. I have great brothers and sisters. Heidi is a great sister, friend, babysitter, but most of all a loving, loving Aunt to not only my child but all her nieces and nephews. Reagan lights up when she comes into the room. I know my brothers and sisters love me and my family. I would love to live closer to them all but I am grateful for the ones we do. The bonds we share, and the memories we can create. I'm blessed to have married into a family that I love as much as my own. Mike's parents are wonderful people. They have raised their kids to be successful, respectful, and loving individuals.
I also feel like I have been "lucky in friends". I have always been blessed with wonderful friends. From the time I was little to my present life, my friends have always been there to laugh with, cry with, fight with (and still love me), confess worries to, and most of all to love with. They've shared heartaches, joys, and sweet, sweet memories. Although life creates situations that are harder to keep in touch, I love them all. They hold special places and memories in my heart. What is life without friends!
I am thankful to a God, who made all this possible and that I know he will love me in spite of my imperfections. And for all of this...I am Thankful.
2 comments:
why do you always do this to me erin!!! i always end up crying at your posts!!! (a good cry though)
you are an amazing lady! i am so lucky to know you and your family.
You have always had a special talent at being able to put into words the things that are in your heart! I just love you so much!
Post a Comment