Anyone who is around Rea knows that she frequently wants to be held. It's hold me, hold me, hold me. I think it's an up at your level thing so she can see what's going on and probably some of it is just because that's the way she is. Anyway, I was reading her journal that I have kept for "her" the other night and just shortly after she was born I had written "It's amazing how much I long to just hold you, I'll hold you forever - or at least as long as you'll let me!" The other night I was trying to clean up after dinner and Mike is out of town and it was "Hold me mommy, hold you mommy, etc". I was getting really frustrated at having her at my feet and said "Reagan, WHY do you always need to be held?" and she looked up at me with those sweet brown eyes and said "Cuz I need my mommy". My heart melted and I thought, "why wouldn't I pick you up and hold you my sweet girl". It reminds me of one of my most favorite books "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be". There will come a day when she won't want to be held. I'll have to beg her to let me hold her or snuggle with her. So, until then, I'll continue to hold her and one day, when I'm old and grey, maybe she'll hold me!
On a side note: as I mentioned before that Mike was out of town. Thankfully, he doesn't travel but a week a month now and I don't look forward to that week but I find that I have enjoyed having the alone time with Reagan. She's such a daddy's girl and when he's gone she is usually very good for me, it boosts my self esteem about being a good mom (grin), and I try to take her somewhere special and really devote time with her. We always try to have dinner with Aunt Heidi because she loves her so much. I can't wait until the days when we can get pedicures and have girl dates and do fun crafty things together. Since we both work we basically smother her when we are home with her. She's been the most amazing blessing in our lives.
4 comments:
I love this post! I think we all need a good reminder sometimes of the important things in life. I know I needed to read this. :) I love that book. My Mom read it to me and now I read it to Kinley every night.
You made me cry!!! Everything you wrote is so true. I love the book: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be". Everytime I read it it makes me cry.
That is the sweetest thing to write about holding Rea. I know you will tresure every moment with her as i will with Breann. I think your an amazing mother and Reagan is very blessed to have CHOSSEN YOU to be there for her. luv ya
You don't know how true that is, my oldest is now 10. I remember when it was just the two of us, I would hold her and stare for hours. I do have to beg her now. Sounds like you are such a good mom.
Post a Comment