The hardest part for me with having a child (no, not the sleepless nights or dirty diapers or relentless runny noses..) is adjusting to clutter and a dirty house! Blame it on my parents :) Probably my mom's only sanity while raising us 9 kids was that we did chores every morning. This was during school time, summer time, whatever. We had the largest chore chart in history hanging in our kitchen! We ALL had chores. If it was wiping down the bathroom, running a vacuum through the living room or whatever.
ANYWAY....I'm kind of a clean freak. I've always cleaned my house every weekend. From top to bottom. Now when it was just Mike and I there was no real need for that as half the time we spent no time anywhere but the living room and our bedroom. It's the first thing I would do every Saturday morning. Now get on with the story right!
Well Friday is "jammy day" at my house. This entails Reagan and I lounging around in our jammies for most of the day. While sitting there playing with my sweet little girl, I realized with anxiety, that my house.....eeek!....had not had a good cleaning in months. Of course, cluttered with toddler toys, books, wipes, etc. but not a good clean the baseboards, scrub the doors, clean. Sooooo, I asked Heidi to have a sleepover at her house so Mike and I could clean!!! YEAH!!!!
You can imagine his excitement at the matter but as you can witness in the picture-he jumped right in.
SO THANK YOU AUNT HEIDI!!
I had the most peaceful (clean) feeling Saturday morning. After about 4 hours of cleaning the house smelled great, looked great, and yes, an hour after Reagan was home, it was cluttered BUT it was CLEAN!!!!
Not a romantic weekend but for my own mental cleanly mind...it was AWESOME!
1 comment:
What the H***!!!!!
How do you get your cute husband to help you clean for 4 hours....i think i may have a crush on your hubby! (seriously kidding)
But, i cant even tell you the last time, oh wait, there has not been one, when shawn helped with the house work.
These past few weeks he has been because i am so horribly sick, but even then it does not get done to my standards. But, he does do a good job.
I have always told him that the biggest turn on for me is him helping me around the house.
Oh well, whatcha gonna do.
I want mike and shawn to hang out more.
How are you???
Post a Comment