7/1/13

Mesa Falls

Our first day trip this year was to Mesa Falls in Island Park.  It's considered part of the Teton National Forest and close enough (70 mins) for a fun day trip.  The drive is beautiful right now.  There is lots of farm land between here and there so everything is lush and green.  About 45 minutes into the drive you hit the mountains and it's such a pretty trip.  We did a short hike and had a picnic.  Once Reagan noticed the Beware of Bears sign, she was not about to venture too far.  She was almost as terrified as I am/was, or maybe more!  We did buy bear spray this year though.  And as always, my kids are so loud I don't consider the animal a threat, it's more my kids :)
 They loved looking for animals


 The upper falls

 Touching the fuzzy bug
 Eek!!
 Kade couldn't stop picking me flowers.  So sweet, but I wish he would have left at least the roots of most of them;) Especially since the signs all over say "Do not pick the flowers"!!




No comments: