2/17/13

My "Baby" turns 3!

It is not lost on me that I am experiencing a heap of "lasts" as my little blue-eyed boy grows. Some are rejoiced in, i.e. bye-bye diapers, bottles, sippy cups, carrying around bags full of anything imaginable to satisfy or pacify a young one, baby forks that really don't work, middle of the night crying, misunderstanding what he is trying to tell you, and inconsolable crying.  But there are also the bittersweet ones. The lingering smell of baby shampoo after bath and as I read to him at night, the chubby little hand he reaches out to help be lifted up curbs, in the car, across the parking lot, and loads of snuggles. Helping him put on his shoes and pull up his undies. I've already been stricken from the bathroom after I turn on the light, and he wants to dress himself and put his own coat on. When he's dropped off at daycare he wants me to stand at the door and he cheerfully says "Bye mommy, have good day".  How much longer will I peel his bananas and open his string cheese, and wipe away those big tears as he needs a moment of love and assuring. These are the uneventful things I will miss the most. He's growing. Time is spinning. We so look forward to our kids growing, but I glance at pictures from just two years ago and the sad little ping in my heart is very noticable. 
Kade has always been a joy in our house.  While he and Reagan are so very different in so many ways, they are both alike in so many as well.  They are silly, happy, loving and outgoing.  Kade loves to smile and his eyes shine when he does something happy or mischievious.  He's free with his hugs (i.e. Schwan's man, strangers in passing, moms/teachers at the school as he walks around) and he's wild, wild at heart.  He has one volume that starts at 6:30 a.m. and goes until 8 p.m. and that's "extremely LOUD".  He's learning so, so much right now and I'm constantly assured that he learns from things we think he ignores.  He can count to 18 if he wants, knows his colors and most of his shapes.    His memory is crazy good.  He doesn't like to be in trouble and immediately says "you not mean mommy" (as if to reassure himself), or our favorite "I just smiling at you" (as if to reassure me).  You then have to smile in return and all is forgiven on both parts.
I love that he wants Noodles for breakfast and Chocolate Pancakes whenever his tummy feels the need.  The way he says "I Hungry mama".  How he still has a heart dedicated to Woody but is loving Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  He's got wicked karate moves, loves to play with swords, tackle and tag.  He hates getting dressed and would wear PJ's all day long if I let him.  He is a total homebody and wants to cut short any visit or lunch date with a ride home to his favorite spot.  He is my best little buddy and my constant companion. 
He anticipated his birthday for several week this year.  He understood exactly what was going to happen and that it entailed gifts :)  When asked how old he was going to be he would say "I Woody party".  Anything that appeared for his big day he would say "For ME mama?!! Cooool." So I ran with it.  I can't wait to have all the fun boy party planning hours like I enjoy his sisters "girl" parties.  The decor went up and had to be secretly taken down days later while he was preoccupied so he wouldn't freak out.  He could not wait for everyone to arrive, running down the sidewalk to greet them with "Hey, it's my party!", and immediately set to opening his presents!  He was geniunely excited for each gift and kept saying "Oooooo my gosh".  We played games and they decorated Mr. Potato Head bags for party gifts.  We had slinky dogs, Buzz's space burgers, Mr. PotatoHead fries, Refueling juice, Bo Peeps berry salad and of course.....a WOODY CAKE!!  He was exhausted after it was over and begged for a nap.  We then followed it up with a fun hour of bowling.  The big day is over and my big boy is officially three.  We sure do love you Kader Tot!
The gang was all there as well
The party guests got Etch A Sketches, army guys, refueling juice, & candy.  They made the party bags to carry it all home in.
 
I just LOVE his facial expression here :)

I wish I made the cake but I forked over some money to alleviate the stress :)
Oops, I almost didn't edit this photo enough :) He has his favorite "purple guy" mask and ninja stick with him at all times!
 

 

 

2 comments:

Alex O'Dell said...

I think in your past-life you were a fabulous party planner! Can't believe your baby is 3! Time flies!!! :)

Alex O'Dell said...

Again, from Krista - not Alex!!!