3/21/12

My "Word" (a little late) and My Opinion about Grass

Sometimes, I start posts. Sometimes, they never make it to actual "posting". Either I realize I never finished because I am easily distracted at the computer, or I forget all together and then it either misses the time-punch-line, or the kids are now 6 months older! That's the result of my 2 combined thoughts to follow. And I hope that one day, when my kids read things I write, they won't think I am a total lame-o.
In the blogging world, in the first month of the year, bloggers were setting a Word of the Year. Whether it was a special meaning, or a word to work on throughout the year. Usually these words for so many were a life lesson from the previous year. Or a trial they wanted to overcome. One strong word. Letters together to form who you want to be or portray or remember. I had a little discussion with Mike about what our Words would be. I got inspired :) I chose "EMBRACE". In the midst of life, you can often forget how to be thankful, grateful, loved, or blessed. The crazy years we had when we were so focused on a fast paced life, work, work, being unhappy with work, searching, searching for something other than that, and obviously raising a happy child. Then last year was the adjusting year. The year we realized what an important decision we had made for our family. How that decision changed the path of our family's life. I'm the first to admit I was probably the most cautious or weary in the decision we made to start a business. I'm grateful now that we were where we where financially and mentally, and that Mike is 110% committed and capable of making our business and our life a success. For the support of family and friends. So this year is our year to EMBRACE! Each other, the daily aspects of living, our kids successes, failures, imperfections, perfections, happiness, as well as the challenges we can overcome and most importantly learn from. I embrace our mornings where we have time to hang out as a family before dad goes to work. That we have dinner as a family (although sometimes really loud and hectic) when he's home. Embrace our slow paced life and our love of spending time as a family together, embracing memories shared, even if it's family movie night with ice cream and popcorn. I need daily reminders to remember my word, but I'm more than willing to try.

This leads into my second opinion :) GRASS!! I love the quote "The Grass is greener where ever you Water It"...nothing monumental, but how true! It goes along with why aren't people just happy with what they have in this generation? We go along looking for greener grass everywhere. Thinking that it's always just ahead, right within our grasp, and this will lead to true happiness. We see everywhere that green pasture, it's in money, a great body, a successful job, a big house, etc. But that's all over-rated really. Because it's right here. It's in your heart, it's in your mind.

In the past year especially, I've realized how Green my Grass really is. Although it needs occasional watering, it's definatly green. Honestly. I have amazing kids, I have an amazing husband, a house over our head, a monthly income to feed our kids and allow security, and we are all healthy. In the game "would you Rather?", there is a card that says "Would you rather be extremely wealthy and have everything you could possibly want, or be poor but have the most amazing health". Without a doubt I would say Health over Wealth. It is as green as your mind will make it, and if you realize that, that's all you need. That is happiness. I don't long for more tangible items to make me happy. I do, however, long for my kids to play without fighting sometimes. I long for a maid to appear and clean and cook for me. For energy on days when I lack it to function. But My life is one full of blessings. I hope my kids know how lucky they are. I hope I always remember how lucky I am! Embrace. Embrace the Green grass.

No comments: