2/8/12

My Baby Turned TWO!!

WOW!! When I stop to think about the insane night 2 years ago, it seems like an eternity ago, yet it all has passed with the blink of an eye!
We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little man. When people tell you "boys are different than girls", they sure mean it in so many different ways! I remember telling everyone when Reagan was 2+ years, "I feel like I have a boy in a girls body (because she was so energetic and crazy)", it was honestly nothing of the sort!! I absolutely, do not trust that little guy alone. I've found him climbing up into window sils, on top of bookshelves, our entertainment center, tables, chairs, cars, you name it. There is a climbling wall about 8 feet high at a playcenter here and he scales it with no problem! He gets into the pantry, the flour, the shampoo, you name it. Curious as any.
A TOTAL mama's boy (although he loves playing rough and hanging with his daddy). He's got the funniest, craziest, tantrum-est (is that a word), sweetest personality. In so many ways, his personality at this age is so like Reagan's. He's constantly watching to see if you are watching so he can make a funny face or do something silly (which in my mind, isn't always silly!) Contradicting but true. He screams a really mean, nasty NO! NO! NO!, can give a look to stop anyone in their tracks, arms folded, backed into a corner. He's super possessive of anything that is his (like most kids I guess), he likes to karate kick, run full speed and fly airborne until he hits the ground, he is extremely hard to chase down to dress (on average I would say it takes me at least 10 minutes just to dress him), and he copies anything and everything someone else does (which isn't always positive). He'll be caught in the midst of doing something naughty and when you look at him, he gives you the cheesiest grin, which always produces a smile and chuckle on our part, and the naughty thing is then proceeded with. I'm exhausted every single day with him, but I also laugh a hundred times, tickle a hundred tickles, kiss his soft, soft chubby little lips a hundred times, try to tame his wild hair, and my heart grows a hundred times bigger. I love his beautiful blue eyes he inherited from his daddy. The way he says certain things seriously melt my heart. Through all the tough, loud boy exterior, he is the most polite kid around. His sweet "tank you" always gets people to smile. My favorite things he says right now are "i got it" (as he carries a dozen items of his liking to the car, bed, bath, etc) and "i coming mommy" (when he hears a door open or voices that appear to be leaving!). He's really starting to repeat everything and talk more which is just a blast. He's a serious little nose picker. Daintly picks away, then hands you his finger with a "yick". Lately he loves trucks, Curious George, Monsters Inc., and playing hide and seek. I LOVE LOVE playing this with him. He has the sweetest little giggle/squeal when he gets excited/nervous to be caught that you makes your heart soar. I love when rocking him for naps or bed time that he fake snores and moans like he is falling asleep but just messing around. I find myself longing for him to fall asleep quickly in my arms so I can snuggle and snuggle and kiss his sweet little neck. He's growing too fast, and he's always on the go so he's not much of a snuggle bug. Although I am not a huge fan of the "baby" stage, I guess I miss it already because I know it's not coming around again so I want to snuggle him all I can!
Two years ago, coming on his own time, and rocking our little world then, and now, we wouldn't change if for the world. He is here, he is ours, and he is loved!




We celebrated in Kimberly with our families. He had a joint party with his two cousins who share birthdays close. We went bowling and had lots of family time.

These are a few of Kade's 2 year photo shoot that my friend Kim did. She's awesome and she chased this little guy around for 45 minutes (literally chased) trying to get some good shots. If you need a good photographer, she's your gal :) (Thanks Kim!)





He also got to spend his birthday with a huge disfiguring lump between his eyes :) Let's see, his stiches were out for a month and he got tangled in our barstools one morning and tipped backward and pulled the thing right on top of his face. I couldn't get the bleeding to stop and was sure it was broken so away to the doctor I went. After some hysterical minutes of holding him down for x-rays and causing distress to the poor x-ray tech, we found out it wasn't broken and he would heal eventually :) I couldn't get a good picture because he would scream whenever the camera came out, and I wish I knew more about my camera is coloring and up close shots but these will remind us years later the beginning of what is to be many trips to the ER I'm sure. He was a caveman for a few days, then the bruising passed into his eyes and he looked like a mini-boxer. Not a week later I had to take him in AGAIN for a double ear infection, and as I was waiting and he was screaming in pain, the nurse came out to hand me an ice pack, I looked at her and said, "Oh, no, it's not that injury, that was last weeks!"


No comments: