9/5/10

Life Lessons...Bear with me...and a few cute kids

So the past few weeks have been somewhat of a challenge; emotionally, physically, mentally, you name it. It seems like whatever could go wrong did (and most of you know it all happened within 24 hours!!) My kids weren't sleeping, my body wasn't resting, my husband wasn't around to vent to, my water heater broke, my shower leaked, my car broke down, my parents aren't just 10 minutes away, and I had to actually ask someone for help! Boo-hoo right :)
It was in a dark state of mind in the darkness of the night, that I was weeping and feeling pretty sorry for myself. I had numerous crying fits, temper tantrums, and yet feeling that I was probably deserving what came my way. And during this dark hour, I was, of course, surfing the internet because I couldn't calm myself enough to sleep.
There is a story, one that will rip your heart out, cause buckets of rain to fall from your eyes, bring peace to your heart and literally drop you to your knees. If you have heard of it, you will know. It's called Nie Nie. And her story is amazing, gut-wrenching, humbling, and joyful. She was famous in the blogging world. Then one fateful day, she and her husband were in a plane crash...survived, but not without serious, life altering scars. And I spent an hour reading. And an hour pondering. And an hour of being extremely grateful. For my "trials" the past few weeks were so insignificant and so fixable!
And then I remembered, "What is life, if not for living". That's all I was doing. Living in the real world, with real simple little problems. And I remembered a few nights earlier when Reagan and I were going at it for the hundreth time that day, after exhaustingly asking her what else I could do for her and she said "I want a hug mommy". Simple. And there is no one way to be a perfect mother...there are a million little ways. And I shouldn't think I can be perfect in just one way. Just like life apparently. No one way to live it right...there are a million little ways to do it, to survive it, and to learn from it.
It's been a really trying month. We miss Mike extremely, and he misses us. Our life is in limbo and for me, the write-ten-lists-a-day type of person, this is super duper hard for me :) And through all of this, we have had amazing support from friends and family. I can never thank everyone enough for helping, phoning numerous times, bringing me a diet coke, lending a car, and even just offering. We are truly blessed...and it doesn't hurt that I have two beautiful, sweet kids to wake up to every day.

2 comments:

McDermaid Fam said...

thanks for making me cry! you are the best mom, wife, friend, sister, and everything else in between. you always have a way to brighten things up and make the best of your situation. i know things will work out and it will be so worth it in the end.

HOLLY said...

So sorry you are having a rough time! I know that feeling. The day William broke his leg, I was having one of those pouting days...I figured maybe God was trying to tell me just how easy my life really was. Nie Nie's blog always helps me put my life back in perspective too.
Let me know if you need anything.